Saturday, December 3, 2011

What Does Your Phone Know About You More Than You Think Alexis Madrigal Apr 25 2011 http:mtheatlanticcom Figuring that I've got nothing to hide or steal I'd always privileged convenience over any

Hamad Alawadi
Hamad Alawadi What Does Your Phone Know About You? More Than You Think Alexis Madrigal | Apr 25, 2011 http://m.theatlantic.com/ Figuring that I've got nothing to hide or steal, I'd always privileged convenience over any privacy and security protocols. Not anymore. I plugged my phone into my computer and opened an application called Lantern, a forensics program for investigating iPhones and iPads. Ten minutes later, I'm staring at everything my iPhone knows about me. About 14,000 text messages, 1,350 words in my personal dictionary, 1,450 Facebook contacts, tens of thousands of locations pings, every website I've ever visited, what locations I've mapped, my emails going back a month, my photos with geolocation data attached and how many times I checked my email on March 24 or any day for that matter. Want to reconstruct a night? Lantern has a time line that combines all my communications and photos in one neat interface. While most of it is invisible during normal operations, there is a record of every single thing I've done with this phone, which also happens to form a pretty good record of my life. Figuring that I've got nothing to hide or steal, I'd always privileged convenience over any privacy and security protocols. Not anymore. Immediately after trying out Lantern, I enabled the iPhone's passcode and set it to erase all data on the phone after 10 failed attempts. This thing remembers more about where I've been and what I've said than I do, and I'm damn sure I don't want it falling into anyone's hands.
m.theatlantic.com
The Atlantic covers news and analysis on politics, business, culture, technology, national, international and life on the official site of The Atlantic Magazine.
 
Santiago Rivera
Santiago Rivera Quiero ser tuyo enterito pero tengo miedo Prometeme que no me vas a dejar sin tu amor I’ll give you my heart girl but you got to promise Prometeme Mami promise you’ll hold me, touch me, love me.. way past forever

Likes

Santiago RiveraKeila Marie Galarza
 
Christian Lemus
Christian Lemus HAVE YOU EVER: 76. Kissed a stranger: No 77. Drank hard liquor: Yes 78. Lost glasses/contacts: Yes 79. Kissed someone your not dating: Yes 80. Broken someone's heart: Idk 82. Been arrested: Almost .. 83. Turned someone down: Yeah 84. Cried when someone died: No i thorugh a party with santa claus. 85.fallen for a friend: Yess

Likes

Kimberly Morales
 
Eric Rios
Eric Rios getting my hair cut for the show tonite... come check us out if u ain't doin nothin... club minaj in the depot...it should be a good one!!!

Likes

Ivan Rodriguez
 
Shannon A Fennesy
Shannon A Fennesy Finally after a week of waiting we have confirmation!!! Brennon will be having his open heart surgery on Wednesday (Dec. 7th).

Likes

Alicia Sue Williams
 
Crystal Lynn Briggs
Crystal Lynn Briggs Im just saying im starting to dislike justin bieber just saying but im still a beliber
 
Donnie Granville
Donnie Granville Do you like Phil Collins? I've got a heart and two ears don't I?!

Likes

Michael Bates
 
Kyle Miller
Kyle Miller Describe your last poop using a movie title. Ready...Go!!
 
Rodney Swaqq'Boy Richardson
Rodney Swaqq'Boy Richardson Q-wat do u luv abt me da most? A-u cool & u funny AF & most of all u my sista...lmao
 
Kay Yang
Kay Yang woke up at two on a friday...there goes my day!
 
Luther Pearson
Luther Pearson I got a pocket full of money, a bag full of loud, I'm counting up my money while I'm floating in da clouds
 
Susan Brundage Cooney
Susan Brundage Cooney Getting settled in at the computer for a little Castleton State Basketball via live feed from Maine... Lets Go Spartans
 
Juliana Ferreri
Juliana Ferreri 100 Likes if you wish cancer didnt exist. ♥ Repost if you have a heart.
 
Dash T. Radd
Dash T. Radd To greedy to give a fuck
 
Craig Denny
Craig Denny A huge thank you for all my birthday wishes

Likes

Amanda Undy Denny
 
Litisha Washington
Litisha Washington I luv being me.Bo I say that wrd all day .Haters dnt stp hating yall just putting in wrk for me.If it wasn't for yal my life would probable be bored well most of you already know me but those who dont there really ain't nothing more i'm not a superstar my profile tells you all that you need too know
 
Young Kiki
Young Kiki Hey have a good day and have fun todos portense bien si no me invitan 0k

Likes

Chapita Hermosa
 
Toshiro Nelson
Toshiro Nelson My God is my judge no guy in a gown or gavel.-lil weezy
 
Kayla Miley
Kayla Miley i think every blizzard should come with a personal heater
 
Caz Stewart
Caz Stewart Just once I would love to have a white Christmas
 
Blue Bear
Blue Bear Had a very busy, but alright day with the kid and mom. Got the house clean and Laundry done. Kids werent too bad today. Only exception was Jordan not wanting to take a nap. Overall pretty good day even got pizza man for lunch yum :)
 
Megan Leemon Malcolm
Megan Leemon Malcolm Had a great day w Coral even if she kept me at mcdonalds playland 4 eva now were home going to clean n do some laundry while Scotts getn his fish mount
 
Joshua Capps
Joshua Capps Today I'm "on point, like a decimalist" lol
 
Patricia Thornquest
Patricia Thornquest well another day job hunting and stil nothin. I got shot dwn today on one job i quess thats a plus at least a human talked to me. Thank goodness i got andy to hold me and me thru all this. Hes a wonderful careing person. I love u andy!!!!!
 
Vicky Cordwell
Vicky Cordwell Stole~it~You know a friend once said, (be more conected whityour character,then with your reputaion.Your character, is what you really are ,while your reputationis merly what people think of you ~♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment